Health Examination ProcedureHealth Examination is conducted as follows. Our staff will guide you personally throughout the procedure so that you can feel at ease even if it is your first time.
- 1. Body Measurements / Blood Pressure Test / Urine Test / Blood Test
- Body Measurements are used to calculate Body Mass Index (BMI).
Urine Test can detect diabetes or kidney disorders. Blood Pressure Test and Blood Test can detect the signs of lifestyle diseases such as an abnormal cholesterol level, anemia, diabetes, and hyperuricemia.
- 2. Doctor’s Examination and Consultation
- A doctor will examine and ask you about your health condition.
Please feel free to consult any concerns about your health with the doctor.
- 3. Electrocardiogram / Lung Function Tests / Abdominal Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram is used to diagnose arrhythmia and angina pectoris.
Lung Function Tests detect respiratory system abnormalities. Abdominal Ultrasound is used to examine organs in the abdomen, including the liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, and kidneys.
- 4. Hearing / Vision / Funduscopy / Intraocular Pressure (Eye Pressure)
- In addition to hearing and vision tests, funduscopy, which can detect the influence caused by arteriosclerosis or diabetes, may be performed. Intraocular pressure test is one of the tests which can detect eye abnormalities including glaucoma.
- 5. Chest X-ray
- This test is used to find lung conditions such as lung cancer, tuberculosis, and pneumonia.
- 6. Barium X-ray
- This test is useful for detecting upper gastrointestinal tract diseases such as esophageal cancer, stomach cancer, stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- 7. Doctor’s Test Result Explanation (upon request)
The doctor will explain the test results available on the day. If a significant abnormality is detected, a further detailed examination, medical treatment or re-examination may be recommended.
- ■ Please make sure to bring your medical questionnaire forms (filled out), stool sample(s), and your health insurance card.
- ■ Please note that the examination procedure is subject to change depending on the circumstances.
- ■ The basic tests are performed in most plans, however the test items vary depending on the plan and examinee’s gender.